Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
So my mid 2011 mac mini with the i5 is really starting to not like DP2, for the first few days I had no problems at all. But now I get random freezes, and shutdowns. Accompanied by very high fan speeds. Anyone else seem to have this issue or a possible fix for it?

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
I had this too on my late 2012 iMac, until yesterday it just wouldn't boot. I'm in the process of trying to get it fixed now...

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I had this too on my late 2012 iMac, until yesterday it just wouldn't boot. I'm in the process of trying to get it fixed now...

I am doing what I can to keep it cooler, and it seems to be working so far, but if it happens again I am going back to mavericks.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
I am doing what I can to keep it cooler, and it seems to be working so far, but if it happens again I am going back to mavericks.

I'm not sure if it's related or not, but I took my iMac to a genius and it turns out my hard drive was failing. I have no idea if it's just a total coincidence or if it actually was DP2 that caused the failure.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I'm not sure if it's related or not, but I took my iMac to a genius and it turns out my hard drive was failing. I have no idea if it's just a total coincidence or if it actually was DP2 that caused the failure.

I just put in a brand new ssd and upgraded the hd to a 1tb, in my mac mini less than a month ago, so I am assuming that is not the case.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
Welcome to my world

I had no issues with DP1 but DP2 freezes and reboots for no apparent reason. It just happens. Mostly if I am playing Wow or D3 but also when I am AFK and I suddenly hear the tone telling me the iMac has rebooted. Can not wait for DP3.:confused::mad::D

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I had no issues with DP1 but DP2 freezes and reboots for no apparent reason. It just happens. Mostly if I am playing Wow or D3 but also when I am AFK and I suddenly hear the tone telling me the iMac has rebooted. Can not wait for DP3.:confused::mad::D

I'm there with you. I actually downgraded to mavericks. But after using Yosemite, mavericks is so boring. I'm upgrading now, I'll just deal with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.