Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
is it just me or is the DP7 safari browser just messed up? anyone else having problems with freezing pages and unable to download pics and whatnot? it was fine till now and I don't know what they did to it but it's mental! lol

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Exactly the same as you, restoring to 10.9.4 right now.

Also enough of this "it's beta" because we get it all the time "it's beta" "ohh it's GM" "it's only the first public release" - to relate to errors.

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Exactly the same as you, restoring to 10.9.4 right now.

Also enough of this "it's beta" because we get it all the time "it's beta" "ohh it's GM" "it's only the first public release" - to relate to errors.

OK, then this is a work in progress. There will be issues.

Seriously, who cares if you don't want to hear that "it's beta". The fact is that it's beta, and these things are expected.

ironman159

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2008
Costa Rica
It's happening exactly the same to me. Safari has been perfect until DP7, now it just randomly freezes and I have to force-quit it. It's probably just something they're working on, so I fully expect Safari to be perfect by the time the GM lands.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
I think you've been looking at too many Jennifer Lawrence pics ;)

lol. maybe. LOL. Actually i'm really loving that Yvonne Strahovski chick. For a 32 year old she's got a SPECTACULAR body!! Aaaand that Victoria Justice is doing it for me too. lol. ;)

----------

It's happening exactly the same to me. Safari has been perfect until DP7, now it just randomly freezes and I have to force-quit it. It's probably just something they're working on, so I fully expect Safari to be perfect by the time the GM lands.

for sure, I just hate it when they break **** that's already working perfectly. Especially something as important as the browser. Drives me crazy. :(

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014

i find I don't have to force quit rather when a page freezes I refresh and it's good.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
OK, then this is a work in progress. There will be issues.

Seriously, who cares if you don't want to hear that "it's beta". The fact is that it's beta, and these things are expected.

That's not what I was saying, some people are oblivious to this and always think of an excuse as to why there's a certain bug e.g. It's only beta or first iteration of a public version etc LOL

TeToslaw

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
is it just me or is the DP7 safari browser just messed up? anyone else having problems with freezing pages and unable to download pics and whatnot? it was fine till now and I don't know what they did to it but it's mental! lol
No problems w/ Safari at all. No freezes, no other bugs. I wonder, how is it possible, that for some Safari running flawlessly, for other is a disaster. Maybe it's related to model of device which we have? Interesting

lun

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
Anyone noticing strange behaviour when opening a new tab is set to show Favorites?
Makes Safari crash when you look at them "dancing" (changing in sizes from very small to big and back again) too long...

Got a hang after I went to fullscreen and after force quitting had to erase the caches folder because safari did not want to start again.

I did not change anything going from DP6 to DP7...

I did have little hangs (up to 2 secs) in Mavericks as well, so this may be actually caused by my machine. And it never went away no matter how many clean installs I did. But on DP7 they occur more often (preview and safari).

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
Anyone noticing strange behaviour when opening a new tab is set to show Favorites?
Makes Safari crash when you look at them "dancing" (changing in sizes from very small to big and back again) too long...

Got a hang after I went to fullscreen and after force quitting had to erase the caches folder because safari did not want to start again.

I did not change anything going from DP6 to DP7...

I did have little hangs (up to 2 secs) in Mavericks as well, so this may be actually caused by my machine. And it never went away no matter how many clean installs I did. But on DP7 they occur more often (preview and safari).

I don't have any of the stuff you mentioned except for sometimes when I open a new tab my favourites are gone and i have to manually bring them up.

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
On many HTTPS sites the buttons don't work. This is new to this release. Using Chrome as a work around.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
No problems w/ Safari at all. No freezes, no other bugs. I wonder, how is it possible, that for some Safari running flawlessly, for other is a disaster. Maybe it's related to model of device which we have? Interesting

No, it's not related to the model but what folks have installed for Safari. Extensions and plugins can cause weird glitches. For an example, Adblock in Safari triples the memory consumption for me.

Since many folks upgrade their OS rather than doing a clean install, you'd see a large number of users showing different behaviors even if they're using the exact same hardware and OS X version.

I try to do a clean install after testing with DPs because many of the bad settings can carry over and Apple doesn't really clean up well.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I do have a few plugins installed... maybe some of them are making parts of Facebook randomly unclickable.

Well, you have at least three different options:

1. Set up a new OS X user, see if it is still an issue there. Note sometime the plugins are global, so a new user may not fix it completely.
2. Do a clean install of Yosemite in Parallels, Fusion, or VirtualBox. See if it is reproducible there.
3. Clean up after Safari, remove these plugins completely, and see if it works better.

lun

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
I am on a clean install of Yosemite and have no extensions added. Not even ad blocker.

When "new tab" is set to Favorites and I change the size of the window...I use small windows...then Safari seems to have problems in resizing the favs icons...looks like dancing and I can reproduce this behavior every time. Since DP7.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
Guys, Reset you PRAM and SCM settings and this should (did for me) resolve the horrendous safari problems.

slyr114

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2014
No major issues here, just wish the browser had freaking webm support like literally every other one does.

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
No issues for me at all if anything it runs better.

If the fact that your browser has some bugs (on a beta derp) is enough to cause an instant "This is terrible! I'm downgrading right now!!!11", I have to wonder why you installed Yosemite in the first place.

andijames

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Manchester, UK
If your Safari is hanging when you first start up the application turn off Safari syncing in iCloud (Settings => iCloud => 'Untick Safari'). It was happening to me (hanging for a few seconds on start up) but this has fixed it for now.

I think it syncs all your bookmarks from all your devices when you first start it up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.