DP8 & PB3 today?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by myname70, Sep 8, 2014.

1. myname70 macrumors 6502a

Can we expect DP8 / PB3 still later today ? Or maybe they will release them tomorrow at the media event ?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, its only been a week for DP7, and the public betas are on a monthly cycle.

Tomorrow's event is for the iPhone and won't cover anything mac related imo.

3. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

I would not be surprised if they dropped the iOS8 GM tomorrow, release of iOS8 to public on Friday, with new phones on the 19th.

That could mean we'd get a new drop of Xcode tomorrow, but I agree no Yosemite preview.

4. 3282868 macrumors 603

Yup, this makes sense and is in line with how it's usually done. Plus it would help Apple push out a quicker .1 update for iOS 8 with the general public getting full use, so once the 6 models are released they could have an update ready.

5. grahamperrin, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Based on what I watch, and what I receive: the 2014-09-09 event will probably be swiftly followed by another pre-release of Yosemite; a golden master is extremely unlikely.

Considering the prominence of continuity (handoff and so on), I do expect Apple to demonstrate something Mac-related.

I have other predictions but those are private, I don't want to spoil any surprises.

6. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Actually, based on history, iOS 8 will go live next Wednesday, Sept 17.

7. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

And now that it's been announced, you are absolutely correct.

8. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Why don't you guys just wait and see? No one outside of Apple knows anything. DPs have been on a two-week cycle while the PB have been on a monthly cycle, that's pretty much all we know.

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It won't be until Tuesday, if Apple sticks to history. There is no guarantee that they will do that.

10. Takuro macrumors 6502

Takuro

These threads are always useless. Unfortunately, they will keep being created until Yosemite is actually released. It's totally inane because everybody replies with their opinion saying whether they feel that Apple will release a new DP or PB, but it carries zero weight unless you actually work for the company and have inside knowledge… and if you haven't noticed that DP releases have been on a 2-week schedule every Tuesday when we're already at DP7 at this point, pardon my French, but you may very well be retarded.

Honestly, this should just be closed like the other threads.

11. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Hoping for an iTunes update too. Last update completely broke importing new content to the iTunes library (...how do you not test for something like this? that's like shipping a Safari update where bookmarking doesn't work)

12. eyvind macrumors member

eyvind

They ARE testing it, and you're one of the testers (though if you haven't reported that bug you're not a very good one).

13. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

hahahahaha, no. that's not how release candidates work.

14. abcdefg12345 macrumors regular

abcdefg12345

I'm getting a bit lost in the 2 week count were they releasing a new developer preview every 2 weeks on Monday morning at 10 am (3am Tuesday in Australia) and they released dp7 Tuesday 10am (3am Wednesday in Australia) because of labor day so we should see dp 8 or gm release in less that 2 hours if they stick to the 2 week releases, right?

15. viettanium macrumors regular

16. Fimeg macrumors regular

You're joking right? That's the most asinine thing I've read all week. By being a "developer" and using the iOS8/Yosemite betas you're supposed to send feedback about any bugs you find (specifically, when they're involved with your app).

17. smokesletsgo macrumors regular

Exactly. Also PB3 should come out on Thursday.

18. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I doubt it.

19. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

DP7 came out on a Tuesday because of the holiday the other DPs have been on Mondays.. I'm expecting it in 30 minutes or so :)

20. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

So am I.

21. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

22. andijames macrumors member

Tomorrow night by the looks of things. IF we get another DP.

23. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Except... I'm looking for bugs, not doing unpaid QA work. As you said, the beta testing is there to find obscure bugs and spot regressions in features/integration. Something as basic as being unable to add media to a media player (...which is, y'know, pretty important in a media player) is something Apple's QA department is supposed to find. This isn't some sort of super-volatile nightly alpha version.

24. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Of course we will.