iPad dpkg error code (1) help?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by whig4life, May 17, 2014.

1. whig4life macrumors newbie

I am running an iPad 1 on 5.1.1 jailbroken with redsn0w and I am trying to upgrade my Cydia files.

I have already tried re-jailbreaking with redsnow and still get the attached dpkg error code (1).

I have tried updating/upgrading with the apt-get commands in the terminal as well as you can see attached and still get the error.

Please help me, I feel like from what I've read others have fixed this but never bothered to explain the solution once it was resolved for them.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Try apt-get -f install

I also see in your output that it says "no space left on device". Might want to look into that.

3. whig4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, sir. Your advice fixed it and I was able to do my updates. The space thing was... incorrectly there, I had almost 4 GB space on my device.

However, the error appears to have resurfaced and this time apt-get install -f didn't work.

Hopefully there's something else I can do.

4. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Getting the same error as last time? You have ifile? If so, go to the root directory and scroll to the bottom. Tell me how much space you have.

5. whig4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Here you are my good friend.

Attached Files:

6. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

7. 007p macrumors 6502a

How much storage does the device have?

The space isn't how much physical storage you have (e.g. 4gb space left) but how much is left in the system partition. That is based of the amount of storage your device has overall, but its a tiny amount in comparison. For example my old 16gb iphone 4 has 200mb system partition. So depending on how much you have installed, it could well be a storage issue. The smaller the device storage the smaller the system partition size is.

Best way to check is to have a look at storage under Cydia, and check the 'Free %' and 'Used %' under 'System' (not 'Private').