Resolved Dr. Dre's Solo HD Headphones.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPhoneApple, Jul 29, 2011.

1. iPhoneApple, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

2. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

They're notorious fo being too bassy. Monster's quality control has also seemingly declined. I've heard all sorts of complaints from the wire coating tearing peeling where it meets the buds and or the volume/mic controls to little things like the plastic bud casing falling apart. The low reviews on the Apple website and Amazon sum it up. I never bought it because I found them too be far too bassy. The highs were also muddy.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

1+ plus I bet it was a fake ebay removed it. there are tons of reviews and threads on headphones. Also http://www.head-fi.org/ is awesome for learning about earphone/headphones

4. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

+1. Most all Monster Products that you will find on ebay are fakes. Definitely do not buy them from there. You will be ripped off.

5. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I bought some from Amazon and really love them. The ControlTalk is pretty handy, and they sound pretty great to me. The cord is really nice and thick, and doesn't interfere at all, since it only connects to one side. Plus, they fold up really nicely for travel. I'd recommend them!

...and they're called Beats by Dre, by the way, not "Dr. Dre's."

6. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I tried them for a 2 hour session. Muddy and distorted. Get a pair of Grado SR60i's. You will love them.

7. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

The Beats line are mostly all looks, I've had 3 of them so I'm speaking from experience.

8. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tips. Decided not to get these headphones and stick with Skullcandies.

9. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

You might want to try Meelec, they are well priced and perform well, way better then Skullcandies.