Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho

If you haven't seen this, then go download it now!

iTunes Link

Aside from the fact that this web miniseries is one of the best things I've seen in a very long time; I'm curious what others think about writers utilizing the internet, and taking things in to their own hands to produce content while bypassing the big studios and networks.

I think it's a wonderful idea because it means more content for us, the viewers. It's a way for talented writers to release their content straight to the masses instead of having to sell a studio/network exec. on the idea first.

It's interesting what the media is saying about it. Check out the Reactions page on the Dr. Horrible website.

So... What do you think?

bobscliff

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2005
NYC
Amazing. I found it astonishing how much he made us care about the characters so much within just 45 minutes. I was also surprised how catchy the songs came to be.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
Arrgghh... Why in the f***^#$#@**& is iTunes Store not available in my country

.... does it sounds nerdy if I mentioned that I recognize the female lead from the web episodes "The guild"

echeck

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
.... does it sounds nerdy if I mentioned that I recognize the female lead from the web episodes "The guild"

Yeah, but that's okay. ;)

I'm glad there's more people out there watching this!

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by how attached to the characters you got. They did an amazing job.

I read somewhere (I think in one of the "Reaction" articles on the website) that if the webisodes do well enough on iTunes and creates enough buzz then they will make more episodes.

That would be awesome. :)

echeck

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Has anyone heard if or when the soundtrack will be available?

I've found a couple of audio rips from the video files, but they're all awful.

Oh! I'm sure everyone noticed, but it's awesome that Dr. Horrible is using an iPhone to control the courier van! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.