DRACO 5 ALUMINUM BUMPER for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HubertK, Feb 21, 2013.

1. HubertK macrumors newbie

Can someone tell me if its worth paying that extra bit off money for the genuine Draco Design bumper. I have seen alot of decent fakes for a fraction of the cost and I am wondering if its worth investing extra $80 dollars to get a little bit better quality.

I am from UK so the geniue draco design bumper will cost me around $120 with shipping and I can get a "ok" fake for around $35 on ebay. I would love to see some images comparing the real one and the fake draco.

Has anyone come across any discount codes which I can use on dracos website as the $120 price tag is kind of scary..

2. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

I was on the fence myself on which to buy. Some people say they have no reception issues, some say they have slight issues, others say they have major issues.

I said screw it and bought a fake plastic version from casewill. I figured I'll play with it, see if I like the shape and decide there if I want to move up to the metal version. So far though, I have no seen 1 metal bumper that has NOT effect signal in some small way.

3. HubertK thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know if the case has any affects on the 3G signal at all as most of the people which complain about the reception are currently using LTE.

I usually get pretty good 3g signal in the area where I live so I don't mind sacrificing one bar of something. I'm currently amazed with the sleak design of Draco and the whole aluminium finish so its got to be the real deal or a decent fake.. still trying to find some pictures comparing the real one and fake.

4. Delta438 macrumors member

It's difficult to tell between real and fakes just from pictures. The biggest difference by far will probably be the alignment with the phone and how well it fits. I have a fake one myself, and I can't screw it on too tight otherwise the sleep button will be permanently pressed. Also, the bottom area is slightly out of place. Not a huge issue, unless you have earphones like mine that barely fit through the audio cutout as it is. I would imagine the paint finishing on the original one will be better quality as well.

Reception issues vary from place to place, really. For me it's perfectly fine, but for some it completely ruins their reception and in some cases even takes the LTE away from them. Depends on how lucky you are, I guess.

5. al0513 macrumors 6502

Same issue with my fake. Not too big of a deal. I do lose my LTE all the time.

6. kampongkid macrumors regular

the real one has a slight effect on LTE, but not on 3G. i have a graphite one with the original packaging that i'd sell at a loss as i'm no longer using it. if you might be interested shoot me a pm for pics, etc.

7. HubertK, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

HubertK thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks due to me being a new user I can't PM you until like tomorrow, I am looking for the black & red bumper but if the price is right I am willing to change my preference. Let me know how much you want for the case and how much would the shipping cost for me to get the case to UK. If you need my address to get a quote on the shipping cost then its United Kingdom, Hampshire, Andover, SP10..
    ---

I am still looking for some pictures comparing the real one and fake if anyone purchased both of them ;)..

8. Enforce macrumors regular

Enforce

main differences between a real & fake can be sum up like this:
    - user experience.
    - feel good factor.

If you didn't own a real one before, there will no difference to your experience thus its ok to buy either one. However if you ever bought or tried the real deal, you won't ever wish to own a fake. ;)

9. HubertK thread starter macrumors newbie

I am trying to purchase a used geniune draco case atm but I am really hoping its not going to kill my signal.. :)

10. accce macrumors newbie

Bumper

Do you still want to sell it? if so let me know aracca@mindspring.com