Draco IV vs Vapor Pro?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mjb59463, Jan 10, 2012.

1. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone
    I have a black iPhone 4s that needs a bumper. After some research on cases and the consideration of my needs, I've narrowed it down to 2 choices: The Draco IV and the Vapor Pro Spectra/Chroma. The biggest problem I've heard about with the Draco is signal loss/affected GPS, in a pretty significant manner. I have heard the same about the Vapor series, although it seems to be less frequent. This is a problem, as GPS is something I use often for work and traveling to places I'm not familiar with in my area.

I chose these cases because they both look great on the phone and that is a big factor for me. I tend to get bored with my phone easily, so i figure that having an attractive case will keep my attention longer, and stop me from selling it and wasting money on yet another phone.

What would you all recommend out of these two? If you own either one of them, please share your experience and whether it was negative or positive.

Any help/opinion you can give is appreciated!

Thanks

2. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

Well first post here officially on the forums and oddly enough, the first threads read relevant to me. I have seen both cases in person and while both look good on the phone, IMO the vapor pro case is a better way to go. The reason being, (for me), the little "wave" the case makes at the bottom is what detracts me from it. Also, vapor pros build quality to me just seemed better to me.

So that's it from me, I hope an actual owner of either or or both will chime in. I'd like to know. I myself was stuck between the vapor pro or the linear ex infinity white for my white iPhone. Lovin it.

3. OnNightfall macrumors regular

BUMP! I would also like to know. I think the Draco IV looks more attractive to me but some say it feels a little uncomfortable in the hand. I still don't know what the difference between the Deff Cleave and the Draco IV are. I would like more people to chime in and let us know. Especially if you own both.

4. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

I consider my signal loss on my Draco IV to be insignificant. Define "significant," because what's significant to you may be insignificant to me.

5. OnNightfall macrumors regular

so what do you consider insignificant?

6. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Not more than 10 dB.

7. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Does that equal to 1 bar more or less?

8. frag2 macrumors member

I don't have quantitative measures about db loss and all but Vapor pro does appear to retain signal better than the Draco

The Draco is also about 1.5 thicker near the accessory ports so that may cause an issue.

9. OnNightfall macrumors regular

I've come real close to buying the Draco IV but I've made a final decision in not buying it. 3G signal and GPS is the heart and soul of the phone and losing that or some of it just for a kool case that offers little to no protection and paying a premium is absurd. As far as the Vapor, I have not done as much research but I think I'll pass on that too. So sad because those cases look great.

10. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I bought the Vapor Pro Chroma and I would have to say it is the best quality case I have bought to date. There is no perceivable loss of signal and GPS is the same without the case. The only knock I give to the Vapor Pro series is the price

11. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

The relationship between dBs and reception bars is not linear. Each reception bar on the iPhone is not equivalent. Perform a field test rather than count bars.

12. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Does anybody know if you can use a back with the Deff Cleave case? Similar to lucky labs back skin or element case back skin?

13. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

vapor pro. no issues with 3g, wifi or phone connection.

14. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Yes you can because the Deff Cleave doesn't touch or cover the back.