Draft email won't go away when viewing photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdsvtdriver, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

I took a picture with my iPhone 4 and emailed it to my friend. Now, every time I open the Photos app a draft email message immediately pops up with that pic attached. I have to cancel the email message in order to look at my photos. When I cancel the message I am prompted to save/delete/cancel. I have tried all three options and have tried re-sending the pic using the draft, but it still pops up again when I return to photos. I have gone into the email app verified there are no drafts in the draft folder of my email account, deleted all email accounts, and yelled at the phone.

It still happens. Anyone else have a similar issue?

2. klemman macrumors newbie

I've got exactly the same problem since this morning !! :mad:

This is really annoying... Did you find a way to solve the problem, or any information about it ?

3. jwwpua macrumors member

Did the email actually go through when you sent it to your friend?

4. klemman macrumors newbie

I sent it to another email account, and i received it, no problem. The draft still come, when opening the photos applications (the pictures in the draft don't exist any more in the album...)

5. klemman macrumors newbie

Aaaah ! I rebooted the phone and it worked well for me :) The draft doesn't appear any more :) (i didn't reboot for a lot of days, the email draft contained pictures I made sunday)

sdsvtdriver, maybe you could try to reboot yours ?

6. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I was about to suggest this. Rebooting always seems to clear out these little hangups, which are common when you have a new X.0 firmware release. 4.0.1 will hopefully be a huge bug smash. I feel like I can't type properly on the keyboard anymore. Buttons next to other buttons keep thinking I'm pressing them, and this never happened before.

7. klemman macrumors newbie

This has never happened to me, on any OS, even iOS 4.0..

8. sdsvtdriver thread starter macrumors 65816

No.

Yes. Resent it to myself, etc. Still there.

I have, many times. It eventually returns. :(

9. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

anyone have a solution to this? i got this problem and its driving me nuts

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

What's your email server? Mobile Me, Gmail, Hotmail, etc? Check from your browser(not any client software) if the draft appears on it, then just delete it. The iPhone is probably just resyncing what's on server.

11. Nothlit macrumors regular