Draft Print Quality - HP 5180

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lionsnwings, Apr 8, 2007.

1. lionsnwings macrumors newbie

Feb 14, 2007
    I have an HP 5180 printer and want to set the print quality to draft to save on ink when printing maps, forms or other items that I don't need good quality on.

Is this possiable? I have searched the HP website and have followed the directions, but quality opiton is not listed in page setup.
  2. eshroom macrumors 6502

Oct 18, 2006
    This applies to all HP printers one is likely to use in the home or office (professional printers I don't know about).

Essentially you have to choose quality when you choose to print a document. It's a shame you can't set automatic quality in the utility. :(

See link below.

PS I wouldn't normally reply to a thread this old, however since I googled the topic and this thread came up second others may find the answer helpful!

3. katorga macrumors regular

Oct 28, 2006
    5180 and black & white

This is probably a dumb question, but does grey scale on the 5180 only use black ink?

I noticed that there appears to be no setting to force the printer to print black and white mode (at least that I can find) for those times I don't want to burn color ink. Grey scale is the only option.
  4. pdiasdasilva macrumors newbie

Jun 17, 2009
    Lisbon, Portugal
    And others did find it useful! Thanks a lot eshroom, I was a bit puzzled about how to do it.