Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Example: I want to drag a photo to imessage. Normally I would go to the desktop, drag an item to the app in the bottom bar with all my application, I hold the file over the app. I can now wait a few seconds or press space bar to see all the open windows of the app. Then hold the file over the window I want to drop the file in and wait or press space again.
In sierra this worked for a short while but now every time when I hold the file over the app and press space but nothing happens. If I just wait, the app flashes a feq times, which normally would indicate that it would show me all open windows, but nothing happens from then on.

Edit: I think it only works one time per app (and even then sometimes it doesn’t work properly, eg I cant actually drop the file or something), but atleast the first time the app comes up. When I’ve already tried it it doesn’t work at all anymore.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
yes it does. Just dragged a doc to word, a file to outlook, and 4 pics to iMessage
It does for you then, not for me. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I already reinstalled mac os.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
The weirdest thing is I tried a completely clean install (formatted the drive) just now without restoring any data and it still didn't work. What is going on?

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Not working for me. Having the same problem since I installed Sierra from scratch
What Macbook do you have? And do you by any chance have a custom ssd installed or something? I tried a full reinstall of mac osx including a drive format and even when I didn't restore Any data at all the bug was still there. Makes me think it has something to do with my hardware and software combination and not just software.

francoruarte

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2016
What Macbook do you have? And do you by any chance have a custom ssd installed or something? I tried a full reinstall of mac osx including a drive format and even when I didn't restore Any data at all the bug was still there. Makes me think it has something to do with my hardware and software combination and not just software.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012). I've a SSD disk booting my OS from a caddy (in replacement of the original CD drive). I can't believe it's possible to be a hardware problem :/

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012). I've a SSD disk booting my OS from a caddy (in replacement of the original CD drive). I can't believe it's possible to be a hardware problem :/

I'm booting from an SSD too from my Macbook mid 2012 15'' though.. But not from my caddy (although I have a caddy installed with an extra SSD). It sounds a little far fetched I agree but I can not imagine it being a software problem only since I did a clean install with a format.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I'm booting from an SSD too from my Macbook mid 2012 15'' though.. But not from my caddy (although I have a caddy installed with an extra SSD). It sounds a little far fetched I agree but I can not imagine it being a software problem only since I did a clean install with a format.

Open a support ticket with Apple

Try using different screen resolutions and see if it persists (theory)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.