Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisworld

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
Hi all. Having a bit of a minor nuisance here. The problem isn't SERIOUS... but it's is rather.. a bit annoying.

I'll begin to drag a file (it picks up onto the point like normal) and then drop it into another folder (or into iTunes if it is Video/Audio) while activating Exposé in between to find the other folder amongst other windows... It copies or moves just fine that one time, but when I go to drag another file, the drag function just doesn't work, period. As if it disabled itself or something. The only remedy I've found was to Exposé all windows a bunch of times really fast or simply relaunch the finder. Sometimes this happens in iTunes too. The problem only occurs after using Exposé in any manner: All window, Application Windows, Show Desktop.. basically any function. I think Spaces also causes it to glitch out and stop dragging as well.

Though it isn't a big problem here.. I'd still like to know it's cause. Problem with non-SL? Should I just go out and get SL, patch up to 10.6 already? I was using Tiger (10.4.X) all the way up until Dec 2009, Leopard was a huge step- solved a lot of really old problems in tiger (especially with my mouse pointer, with this crappy $20 mouse)..but drag n drop never died/glitched out in Tiger...

Sorta strange..

Should also mention that, I did reinstall Tiger (a clean reinstall) when I got my New HDD, but came to my sense and got Leopard, which upgraded on top of a clean install of 10.4, wondering if this broke something?

chrisworld

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
That's definitely an OS error that I don't have! (10.5.8)

Yeah..well now that I think of it, As I upgraded from a clean install of Tiger then right to Leopard without even upgrading Tiger, I don't know of too many people that did this, wonder if this is the cause now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.