Drag and Drop - Finder Error

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chrisworld, Feb 17, 2010.

1. chrisworld macrumors member

Nov 14, 2006
    Hi all. Having a bit of a minor nuisance here. The problem isn't SERIOUS... but it's is rather.. a bit annoying.

I'll begin to drag a file (it picks up onto the point like normal) and then drop it into another folder (or into iTunes if it is Video/Audio) while activating Exposé in between to find the other folder amongst other windows... It copies or moves just fine that one time, but when I go to drag another file, the drag function just doesn't work, period. As if it disabled itself or something. The only remedy I've found was to Exposé all windows a bunch of times really fast or simply relaunch the finder. Sometimes this happens in iTunes too. The problem only occurs after using Exposé in any manner: All window, Application Windows, Show Desktop.. basically any function. I think Spaces also causes it to glitch out and stop dragging as well.

Though it isn't a big problem here.. I'd still like to know it's cause. Problem with non-SL? Should I just go out and get SL, patch up to 10.6 already? I was using Tiger (10.4.X) all the way up until Dec 2009, Leopard was a huge step- solved a lot of really old problems in tiger (especially with my mouse pointer, with this crappy $20 mouse)..but drag n drop never died/glitched out in Tiger...

Sorta strange..

Should also mention that, I did reinstall Tiger (a clean reinstall) when I got my New HDD, but came to my sense and got Leopard, which upgraded on top of a clean install of 10.4, wondering if this broke something?
  2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    That's definitely an OS error that I don't have! (10.5.8)
  3. chrisworld thread starter macrumors member

Nov 14, 2006
    Yeah..well now that I think of it, As I upgraded from a clean install of Tiger then right to Leopard without even upgrading Tiger, I don't know of too many people that did this, wonder if this is the cause now?
  4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

May 22, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    No, it's not. You don't have to upgrade sequentially.