Drag and Drop in finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djsound, Apr 6, 2015.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

Maybe I am just not awake yet but it seems as if something just changed for me in finder. Maybe I caused it.... I have a folder within a folder and I just am dragging and dropping file from the main folder into the subfolder. Normally it would just move them ( I think) and I would remain in the main folder........but every time I am moving files to this sub folder it 'moves' me into viewing that sub folder after the drag and drop. Its really annoying, I dont want to keep moving back to the main folder? Did I change something or has it always been like this?? I don't think it has....thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Which Finder view are you using. It doesn't do that for me using the List view.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Go into Finder Preferences and check the "spring loaded" option, if the folder is opening up for you too quickly you can set the delay to longer. Alternatively you can turn it off entirely.

Attached Files:

4. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

You're the man!! Thanks. =) That should do the trick.

Actually I just looked and that option is not there for me..........I have the latest Yosemite update... =/

5. stol macrumors member

This is really annoying!

I just updated to 10.10.3 and, first of all, drag & drop moves too fast in the folder you hover and when you release your finger dragged items may end up in another folder contained in the intended destination.

Second, there is no more such control for spring loaded folders (which I never really changed before) anymore!

Ugh!

Attached Files: