Drag and Drop on Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by InSides, Apr 3, 2011.

1. InSides macrumors newbie

So, recently moved to a 2011 Unibody MBP from a 2007 Santa Rosa MBP. More significantly, moved from a single-button trackpad to a no-button trackpad.

I am having some difficulties with drag and drop over on Windows 7. There don't seem to be such issues on the OSX side.

Namely, drag and drop is really difficult since I need to press the trackpad and drag. I would usually just hold the button and drag - and on the OSX side, I seem to be able to press and hold one finger and drag with the other.

Not working on the Windows 7 side.

I tried the drag lock option under BootCamp settings, but it is terribly cumbersome to use.

Any thoughts?

2. InSides thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone have any thoughts?

Drag and drop is insanely problematic in Windows. Surely this is not intentional?

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

The Boot Camp drivers provided by Apple aren't that great, especially for the trackpad and the brightness controls. When I'm dragging and dropping files in Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro, I tend to press down with one finger and drag with another finger.

I have my trackpad set up on Windows 7 and OS X to have it so that the bottom left corner is left click and the bottom right is right click. Tap to click is disabled.

4. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

5. InSides thread starter macrumors newbie

So, basically, I cannot have "tap-to-click" and have "press down with one finger and drag with another finger" at the same time.

That sucks.

6. slackpacker macrumors 6502a

slackpacker

Its the crapy drivers Apple has crippled an almost perfect laptop for a switcher or multi OS user. There are alternatives right now but they are complex hacks and best avoided in my opinion. I guess we will have to wait for the next rev. There is a new Bootcamp update.. but it does not mention a new Trackpad driver in the release notes.

7. InSides thread starter macrumors newbie

You mean, an update newer than 3.2? Since I just got the Mac a week ago, the Snow Leopard DVD came with BootCamp 3.2. Are we expecting newer drivers soon?