Drag-and-Drop through iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by inflynx, Oct 6, 2007.

1. inflynx macrumors member

I couldn't find if anybody has asked this before. So sorry if I am repeating.
    I hear iPod Touch does not have a disk mode.
    Still my question is if I can drag-and-drop songs onto it through iTunes (as it is done on nano/classic) OR music only added while sync (as it is done on shuffle)?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

At the moment you can't manually manage music on the Touch. Only syncing, like the iPhone.

3. inflynx thread starter macrumors member

So I have to keep music library exact same as I want music to be on Touch?
    But this is really silly! Any idea if Apple is gonna let Touch be used in disk mode?

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

No, you manage files by either unchecking files or selecting which playlists you want to use by adjusting your iPod's preferences in iTunes.

5. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Let just make clear that this is completely false. You can sync playlists like the iPhone, or you can manually manage your songs, just like any other iPod.

6. inflynx thread starter macrumors member

OK, now I am confused. So I open iTunes, I open my music directory in Explorer/Finder, I drug music file from finder to iPod icon in iTunes and it will write this music file into iPod. Is this right?

7. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

It depends on what you mean. You can choose a checkbox that says Manually Manage Music or have Automatic Syncing on. When you manually mange music you can drag and drop the songs you want WITHIN ITUNES - you cannnot load up the ipod in finder and look through the folder and drop songs in there. So yes, it is just like the other ipods.

8. inflynx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks pals, this is a relief. I started to fear that the only way to load it with music is to sync.

9. Lin macrumors member

I feared it too, but the drag&drop actually works, and not only for music. I used it for movies (not tested it with pictures, so far).