drag & ooooops

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 4now, Sep 27, 2007.

1. 4now macrumors regular

who knows what I was trying to do exactly

but while there was a CD in the drive
    I picked up the CD icon in the Finder's side bar .. and it slid off the edge.. onto the desktop.. poof

The icon no longer appears in finder when I insert a cd

how do i get it back

do i need to go out and buy a replacement

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Check in Finder >> Preferences >> Sidebar and see if Show these items in the Sidebar has a tick next to Removable media…

3. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

In finder press Apple+; to get preferences then under Sidebar click Removable media.

4. 4now thread starter macrumors regular

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Related tips:

* If you start to drag an icon from a Finder window or the desktop, and change your mind, drop it on the menu bar at the top of the screen. That will cancel the move or copy operation.

* If you start to drag an icon from the dock, and change your mind, drop it on the other half of the dock (across the dividing line). That will cancel the "remove from dock" operation.

In both cases, you can do these tricks without remembering exactly where the original icon was.

I don't know a similar trick if you start to drag an icon from the Finder window sidebar and change your mind. As far as I know, you have to drop it back where you started to cancel.

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Or just hit the Esc key ;)

Although it doesn't seem to cancel the sidebar dragging. In fact, it will complete it...:confused: