Drag selection with Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by captaincurk, Jul 25, 2007.

1. captaincurk macrumors newbie

Hia Guys,

today my all new MBP 2.4 Ghz arrived and I am happy ^^

Now I have a question :)

How can I select multiple Objects and then drag them somewhere? I enabled dragging and drag-lock, but I can't figure out how to move a larger selection. When I tap my trackpad a second time after making my selection, all elements but one get deselected :(

This is obviously a weird "first question", but it is rather unnerving still, since I am currently moving a considerable lot of data around.

Thank's in advance and this won't be the last time you heard from me ;)

Greetings, Jonas

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Double tap, then drag a box around the items you want to move. Single tap finishes drawing the box. Double tap on any of the highlighted items and hold on the second tap, dragging the items wherever you want to go.

3. kolax macrumors G3

I find it much easier to just select items I want by holding down CMD (Apple key) and then drag the items by holding down the trackpad button.

I don't like using the tapping feature for dragging on the trackpad because once when I was copying all my Applications to back them up, I accidentally double tapped and freakin OSX opened all 120 of them!

Had to reboot - didn't fancy closing 120 programs.

4. L3X macrumors 6502a

ahh man, that's pretty funny though

5. poolish macrumors regular

when using dragging, not drag-lock. is there a way to change the delay between when you lift your finger after dragging something, and when you can tap again to move the mouse normally.

because it seems that if i drag something using double tap, then lift my finger, and then quickly after, i put my finger back on to move the mouse, it stil drags.

i would like to use this feature, because im used to using it from my sony laptop, but i have just been using the mouse button to drag things on my macbook.

cheers