Dragged folder with flac to iTunes and its gone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wis99ski, Dec 22, 2009.

1. wis99ski macrumors newbie

I dragged a folder containing about 13 sub folders of complete albums into iTunes before I realized it was all flac and I can not find it anywhere on my Mac so I can convert it or use Fluke to allow iTunes to play flac.

Anyone know what I can do to find it, because I cant find it using the search feature?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

To my knowledge you (still) cannot use .flac files in iTunes on a Mac. I personally use XLD to convert my files.

I would use Finder's search feature to find it.

If not you might be able to use DiskInventoryX, which can sort files by file type allowing you to find it.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The Kid is right. iTunes won't play .flac files. Two more options for converting are Audacity and Max. After using Audacity for a while, I recently tested and Max is much faster and simpler.

To find the files, just use Finder to search for files with extension .flac.
    Picture 6.jpg

4. wis99ski thread starter macrumors newbie

Right I use max to convert Flac to mp3, but when I dragged it in I didnt realize it was Flac and now the whole folder is missing?

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Did you try GGJStudios suggestion via screenshot or mine via DiskInventoryX?

6. wis99ski thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes got Direct Inventory X and did an initial scan of my hard drive, trying to figure out how it works.. Will check back here in the morning.

7. wis99ski thread starter macrumors newbie

If I deleted the folder not using the trash can, deleting the folder using another applications delete function, can the file be saved from somewhere?