Dragging apps to main screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scott549, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Scott549 macrumors regular

Just got my iPod Touch and I'm really enjoying it so far. One question -- I'm trying to drag an app from the second page to the main page so I can consolidate it ("Weather" with The Weather Channel since the standard weather app doesn't do much). But when I try to drag the app to the left, to the main page, it won't do it. There is room on the main page. Anyone know how to do this? I also don't know how to do it in iTunes because it only displays one page at a time.

Thanks.

2. eddy2099 macrumors member

When you hold down the icon after it starts to wriggle, just drag it to the far left of the screen, in a few seconds, you should see the first page appearing. Once in there, you can release your finger and the icon would move to the first page.

In iTunes, you can just use your mouse to select and then drag to the first page on the right panel. The right panel should show the two pages one on top of another.

3. Scott549 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - the key was waiting a couple seconds after dragging it to the left.

4. Adibobea9 macrumors member

Also you can organize your apps in iTunes. I started downloading apps in preparation for my Touch and now regret it. I got a lot of Free Apps on sale, but organizing has been much more painful than if I downloaded a few at a time…