Dragging photos from Aperture 3 gives bad quality

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GewoonM, Feb 4, 2011.

1. GewoonM macrumors newbie

Hi all,

When dragging a photo out of Aperture, it gets degraded in quality. For instance, dragging a 4Mb photo out to the Desktop results in a 200Kb. photo getting copied to the Desktop.

How do I make sure that Aperture copies either the Master or a good quality Version?

Thanks,

Matthijs

2. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Curious

Just curious, why do you drag a photo to the desktop?

3. GewoonM thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi davidinva,

Normally, I'd drag them to my Dropbox, for sharing or to Pages for inclusion in a document.

In both cases, I want the original file. I'd rather not go through the hassle of exporting or using the MediaBrowser.

I also asked this at the Apple-discussions site, and apparently this is just not possible (see: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=13035639#13035639)

4. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Aperture 3 to desktop

Since A3 is a non-destructive editor, then exporting is the only answer. I just started using A3 (bought because of the $79 price) and usually use Photoshop Elements for most photo editing, I never thought about it. I don't know if there is any quicker way in the "Share" section to do what you want. Some folks develop apps for A3 but these are slow in coming. For example, Shutterfly has an app for iPhoto but not for A3.

I think we need an Aperture subgroup on this forum.

5. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

When you drag out of Aperture or use the media browser you get the preview image. You either need to export from Aperture or at least set the preview images to maximum quality and perhaps a larger size.