Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheesycow5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2015
I'm using Macincloud to learn how to use xCode. I'm having problems with xCode not working right. One of these problems is that I can't drag items around very well. They kind of float away when I try. It's hard to explain so here's a screen recording of it happening:

What is happening?

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
I haven't used Macincloud but it looks like your mouse/trackpad isn't configured right. The items are being accelerated faster than they should. Set the mouse tracking speed to be slower.

Can you drag things around on your desktop normally?

cheesycow5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2015
It seems to switch between working correctly and doing that. I went to the library computer and it was fine. I switched to a different laptop at home and it worked fine for a little then got messed up again. After I restarted Macincloud it seemed fine. I guess it would probably be something with Macincloud since it happened on both my laptops.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Try setting the mouse tracking speed on the Mac that's in the cloud. I think you get the remote Mac's desktop in a window, so open the Settings app on that Mac.

cheesycow5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2015
Try setting the mouse tracking speed on the Mac that's in the cloud. I think you get the remote Mac's desktop in a window, so open the Settings app on that Mac.
Good thinking, although it magically started working fine. But I'll check the settings next time I'm on macincloud to see if anything's weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.