Dragon Age 2 and Macbook Air 11" Ultimate

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by malikk, Apr 7, 2011.

1. malikk macrumors member

Hello,
    Although I doubt this is remotely possible because of the graphics issue, has anyone tried DA2 on the MBA 11" Ultimate? I am curious if it would work (on low settings of course).

Thanks,
    malikk

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have played the 'mac' version rather than through bootcamp.

It runs ok. I couldn't tell much difference between low, med & high text settings performance wise.

It's surprisingly ok, but with a some framerate jitters in big battles, but otherwise it's grand.

This is on a 1.4 4th, so I'm sure the extra 200mhz may add another frame or two anyway.

3. malikk thread starter macrumors member

Hey,
    Thanks for the input! I am thinking of picking this game up yet for the price I thought I would ask first how it runs, since it is hard to return or "some" work to sell it again. I enjoyed the first one mostly and thought I would check out reviews for the second but I didn't want to just incase it wasn't really going to work.

Thanks,
    malikk

4. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsC76mH8V8E

it's the only video on the entire Youtube that actually shows a MBA playing DA2

although it's the DEMO version, but i am sure it can be made as a reference as how well it runs on the MBA

5. HawtTuna macrumors member

Too bad he's playing on Windows. I really wanted to see how well DA2 runs Mac side compared to Origins. Origins was horrible in that regard.