Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Thanks for that mate!

It's a rather fun game, and decided to do a little first impression video of it.

Seems to be a nice mix of diablo 3 and torchlight.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Thanks for that mate!

It's a rather fun game, and decided to do a little first impression video of it.

Seems to be a nice mix of diablo 3 and torchlight.

YouTube: video

Nice presentation. If I may ask, what app are you using for the capturing and how do you manage to also capture the sound ? (I won't even ask if you notice any performance drop while capturing, since judging by the machine in your signature I'm sure you don't).

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Nice presentation. If I may ask, what app are you using for the capturing and how do you manage to also capture the sound ? (I won't even ask if you notice any performance drop while capturing, since judging by the machine in your signature I'm sure you don't).

Thank you.

I use Screenflow, and it'll capture your monitor video, along with desktop/game audio, and mic audio. There is also an option for capturing webcam video, and it's audio as well.

Video and game/desktop audio are in 1 editable track, and microphone audio is on it's own. Allowing you access to both directly in Screenflow, which is also a pretty darn nice editor in and of itself. It actually has better zoom transition/functions and keyframing that FCPX, as it was originally made for screencasting.

Also there is no noticeable performance issues, this was with a previous upgraded 2009 Mac Pro, and a 2012 Mac Book Pro prior to that.

For recording using a separate scratch drive is very important, especially a fast one. As you'll be constantly writing data to it.
I hope that helps. :)

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Thank you.

I use Screenflow, and it'll capture your monitor video, along with desktop/game audio, and mic audio. There is also an option for capturing webcam video, and it's audio as well.

Video and game/desktop audio are in 1 editable track, and microphone audio is on it's own. Allowing you access to both directly in Screenflow, which is also a pretty darn nice editor in and of itself. It actually has better zoom transition/functions and keyframing that FCPX, as it was originally made for screencasting.

Also there is no noticeable performance issues, this was with a previous upgraded 2009 Mac Pro, and a 2012 Mac Book Pro prior to that.

For recording using a separate scratch drive is very important, especially a fast one. As you'll be constantly writing data to it.
I hope that helps. :)

Thank you very much. I'm definitely going to try Screenflow now.

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Thank you very much. I'm definitely going to try Screenflow now.

It's a little pricy at $99, but for what it offers and does it's more than cheap.
You also have the option of exporting your edited file to ProRes, even ProRes 4444 with Alpha to use with FCPX.

They have a feature trial, although there's a massive nasty "DEMO MODE" watermark in the middle of the screen.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
It's a little pricy at $99, but for what it offers and does it's more than cheap.
You also have the option of exporting your edited file to ProRes, even ProRes 4444 with Alpha to use with FCPX.

They have a feature trial, although there's a massive nasty "DEMO MODE" watermark in the middle of the screen.

Already bought it and I see it worths it. I like how seamlessly installs the audio driver and captures the system's audio without having the user to choose between sound outputs (e.g. like soundflower does).

Editor is really good too. The only thing I'm missing from QuickTime's built in screen capture is the ability to capture a portion of the screen. But cropping from within the editor is easy anyway, so no problem here either.

Thanks for all the info you provided.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.