Dramatic new video showing data signal loss in REAL TIME

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CashDude, Jun 30, 2010.

1. CashDude macrumors regular

This may be the first video to show the data signal loss in REAL TIME. There are no camera or reception tricks here, just the phone and a finger. This is further proof that it is not just a visual problem of bars disappearing.

As you can see, the signal loss occurs instantly. It does NOT require a magic touch or "death grip" like some people say. The bottom left of the phone is where my left palm is while talking or surfing, so the phone is unusable without a skin or case.

BTW, this phone does have the electrical tape on sim card tray "mod" that was posted yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSD8xrc9VvA

EDIT: Mods, you can lock this thread because the video came out too blurry. You can still see what's happening though.

2. specops macrumors regular

*confirmed* This User Is Holding The Phone Wrong

3. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Might be YouTube on my iPad, but all I see is mr. Blurrycam

4. CashDude thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, the video is blurry. It might still be processing.

5. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

6. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

So what makes this video more dramatic then the thousands of other videos showing this?

7. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

you need to send this to TNT, they know drama

8. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Omg, lol'd!

Seriously, isn't every video in real time?

9. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

10. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Many videos have shown this same problem in, er, sharper focus, as it were.

Anyways, it has been well established that there is a problem with the iPhone 4 and its antenna, making yet another thread about it seems quite redundant.

11. CashDude thread starter macrumors regular

Earlier, I was on a phone call to my cable's tech support, when I noticed my phone showed "No service." The audio was still find and it never dropped, even for 20 minutes showing "No service." Is it possible that the signal loss issue only affects data and not phone calls? Maybe this was a glitch? I had to reboot after a proximity sensor glitch locked the screen, and my bars came back.

12. PG-Monkey macrumors regular

So let me get this right you come on here and post some worthless crap that has appeared on about 75 other threads and then you turn around and say I spent 20 minutes on the phone with it showing no service but it was still working ok?

Seriously you need to get out more in the space of less then 10 posts you've contradicted yourself.

First post - Its a really dramatic problem.
    Last post - actually I can still make calls and not sure if its a data thing?

Who cares your phone works - you can ring people thats the primary function.

Sorry if it seems harsh but there are so many of these worthless - I have an antenna problem / I have another video off you tube / Look at this news article crap appearing on here recently - Its just a joke.