Resolved Drawing Tablet (Not Wacom)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Macman45, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Macman45, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I've been on the lookout for a sensibly priced drawing tablet for use with my iMac. I'm not an artist, just like to draw from time to time.

I have trawled through the retail offerings here in the UK, and Wacom (although I'm sure they are great) are WAY too expensive for a hobbyists point of view.

Looked just about everywhere I could think of, but found nothing sensibly priced at all.

ANyone got any ideas for an alternative? I don't mind £30-40.00, but the Wacom stuff starts at around £80.00 here and runs way up in the pro range.

2. Heavertron macrumors regular

I got a Wacom Bamboo for £20 at Christmas time from a large Tesco. They can be found around £20-£30 if you shop around. The only thing I would say is that a very small tablet is useless if you have a very high screen resolution (I have the TB display) as the sensor resolution of the tablet is too small compared to the screen.

3. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

So a small one would be of no use on my 27" iMac? Tesco....Didn't think of them, thanks for the tip!

4. Heavertron macrumors regular

A small tablet will work on a 27" iMac, it's just so hard to be accurate at that resolution with such a small drawing surface. I've been an accomplished amateur illustrator for years (on physical media), but you may find it easier than me.

5. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

:D...That's kind, but trust me, I'm a musician who just like to draw! What gets me is the larger stuff (which I'm sure you know) can run into £700.00+ I just wanted to take my drawing hobby from my iPad to my iMac, You'd think that someone would make a larger "Hobbyist" version, at £30.00 or so...I shall keep looking!