Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaddict99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Hi guys,

I got a set of studio's for boxing day and got the shipment today. So once I put them on I start hearing faint clicking sound on the left ear cup, when I turn to the left with the headphones on the clicking sound get even louder. I called Monster and they asked me to take it back to Futureshop. Is this normal? Did anyone experience this before if so what did you guys do? Please let me know..

Thank you in advance.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I say if Monster asked you too back it to Futureshop they are already telling you it's not normal. never had a pair of Dre's but listen to allot of headset and I say no it's not. I would contact futureshop

Macaddict99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Thx for your reply, I called Futureshop and they said they will not replace it but only credit it onto my account. I was disappointed b/c I wanted a replacement since these headphones sound amazing and are sold out in almost all the retail stores not to mention that I got it for an amazing price. Anyways I tried the headphones on again and I didn't hear the clicking noise, I hope it stays this way if not...to Futureshop I go.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Just one other thought you might try contacting Monster again and explain that Futureshop is out of them. However this is the set you really wanted. maybe they can work out away you can return them and replaced. odd about the clicking going away. check to see if it's do to a loose wire.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
It's not normal and it means the driver is defective. Monster should replace them for you, contact them via email.

Macaddict99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Thx a lot for all your help, I guess I will call monster and try to return it through them but first I think I'll hold on to the set for a couple days to see how it plays out, this may sound funny but do u guys think it might have a break in period. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
you were already told our thoughts. Monster already told you there thoughts! when they told you to contact the store you bought it from. it's like taking a iPhone to Apple the genus says it's defective. then you say hold on let me ask a bunch of people I really don't know. I try to return it but you are the one that bought it. anytime I have speakers big or small that click there is a problem. I not OCD about much but spending money on a pair of fairly expensive Dre's and getting bad sound that would be a big problem somebody is going to fix it!

Macaddict99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Just to give you guys an update, I called monster again and they said they'll replace them for a Brand new one, they want me to send it to them and the postage is not paid:mad: Anyways I'm waiting for the replace order number to ship it back, they said it'll take about 1-3wks :(

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
priority ship it to them it won't be that much. I say thumbs up Monster and thumbs down Futureshop. I think you will be glad they exchanged it.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Just to give you guys an update, I called monster again and they said they'll replace them for a Brand new one, they want me to send it to them and the postage is not paid:mad: Anyways I'm waiting for the replace order number to ship it back, they said it'll take about 1-3wks :(

Knowing the box size, it will cost you about $8 to ship them with FedEx if you pay online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.