Dreaded Dropped WiFi Connection

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nanosour, Aug 12, 2012.

1. nanosour macrumors member

OK, so I've had this White Macbook sine Jan 08 and never once had a problem with dropped internet connection until exactly one month ago. I've travelled extensively through the world with it and never had an issue. It's been a great computer and currently is on Lion 10.7.4.

When the internet stops working, eventually the menu bar icon goes to the WiFi Off symbol and when I try to select "Turn WiFi On" nothing happens and I must restart the computer to get WiFi back on.

I've searched the MB's and tried several suggestion that I've found over the past month to no avail. So now I turn some of the experts that may be on the board.

Is there a solution for this issue. Quite the pain to have to restart several times a day to get internet. I'm used to leaving this computer on for well over 30 days without a reboot.

TIA....Nano

2. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Have you tried resetting the PRAM? Or possibly doing a SMC reset?

http://guides.macrumors.com/Resetting_the_PRAM

You should mention the procedures you've already done so that people here can help point you in the right direction more accurately.

3. nanosour thread starter macrumors member

I have not reset the PRAM and thanks for the suggestion. I will do this the next time the connection drops.

As for what I've tried:

1. Making the WiFi connecting inactive using the gear icon on the systems preferences network pane and reactivating the WiFi. Didn't fix it.

2. Changed the computer sleep energy setting to anything but 15 minutes.

3. Unchecked "Reopen windows when logging back in" something to that effect when restarting.

None of these seemed to be a fix.

Nano