Dream iPod nano (re-do 1st gen)

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
So I'm about to purchase a first generation iPod nano for $50, brand new with shrink wrap

and it got me thinking, how awesome would it be for a refresh of the 1st generation, I love the design, and I think there's a couple ways to improve it via modern hardware
  • OLED display, the size of the nano's display is 1.5", same size as the 42mm Apple Watch, would be great for sunny days and showing off great album artwork
  • new color options, like Jet Black or a shiny gold (my favorite color haha)
  • Lightning to charge the device, making room for a bigger battery
  • new storage options, like a 512GB super fast storage
  • Bluetooth (am aware 7th has this) to connect new headphones
  • water resistance
  • Haptic Engine for feedback
  • interface designed around OLED display
  • internet connectivity to work with Apple Music
  • 3rd party music (music only) applications like Google Play Music and Spotify
  • HomeKit controller
  • Great speakers for stand alone listening (might not be possible with space constraints)
those are all of the things I thought of, comment more if you'd like

a picture of this baby is attached

yes, I know there might already be better options that already exist or you don't agree that this should exist, but this is my opinion

Attachments

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
update: did end up purchasing a brand new shrink wrap iPod nano 1st generation 1GB for $50

chasonstone

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2010
Kentucky
I had the first gen iPod nano back before I got the first iPhone. I loved it so much. I think it's still my favorite nano design and then the "Nano chromatic" generation. Once I got the first iPhone and then onward I've never had the need for a dedicated iPod. But the first gen nano is probably my all time favorite iPod design, if they resurrected any of the classic type iPods I would hope for it with modern updates.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
the pool
I had the first gen iPod nano back before I got the first iPhone. I loved it so much. I think it's still my favorite nano design and then the "Nano chromatic" generation. Once I got the first iPhone and then onward I've never had the need for a dedicated iPod. But the first gen nano is probably my all time favorite iPod design, if they resurrected any of the classic type iPods I would hope for it with modern updates.
Never got a notification for this reply, ugh

Anyway, yes I agree I have 2 iPhones, but I would love a new iPod nano, it's a sexy design and it would be fun to have