Dream Macs. What Do You Want I A Mac?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by iToaster, May 26, 2007.

1. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Ok, I thought it'd be fun to see what our minds could come up with. Explain what computer you'd like Apple to make. Include specifics such as processor speeds, RAM, HD size, etc... Any pictures you have made will be welcomed as well.
    Ok, now for the fantasizing. I'd like to see touch screen laptops. Open it up, and there isn't any keyboard, no trackpad, just two screens. Throw in a super fast processor (mehbe 50 Ghz, you know, desires), a 3 TB MRAM HD RAM sorta thing... look up MRAM if you don't know. Throw in the iSight at 20 Megapixels, microphone, and Mac OS XII. I'd love to have one of those. Your turn...
    (sorry about the lack of an 'n' in the title, it's late)

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'd like a Mac that prints legal money. Obviously, I could be the only owner of one, or it would completely devalue the USD and leave me back where I started. :p

3. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Well then, I suppose I'd want a Mac to somehow do away with Counterfit and all traces of the act so I could then obtain his money printing computer for myself:p :D. Also the computer should be able to protect me from the same fate in some way :cool:

4. jng macrumors 65816

jng

I want a Mac Pro, nothing outrageous necessarily with extra power I don't need.

My dream mac though would definitely include the Optimus Maximus LED keyboard. It'd be amazing for photoshop and playing games.

[​IMG]

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Mac mini with 4.8 GHz processor, 2 TB HD, 5 GB of RAM. Along with an Apple 45" display, of course.;)

Oh, and it should cost $99. :D

Sigh...I really need to up the RAM to 1 GB in my current mini. 512 MB sucks. :(

6. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

I'd like it to have a laser projector where the keyboard is projected onto the table in front of it as well as a little track pad for the mouse. I saw it in a popular science magazine years ago. It automatically detects where your hands are and which keys you have tapped on the table.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

You mean like this?
    [​IMG]

8. monke macrumors 65816

monke

My Dream Mac, hmm...

23" HD Display, 5.0 Ghz 8-Core, 4 GB Ram, 3 TB's of space (all of this built behind the screen, just like an iMac), Built in iSight that reads through the screen. It would be .5 inches thick, and have no edges. A built in Blu-ray/HD-DVD Super Drive, about 4 USB ports, and 2 Firewire, among other things. iPod Hi-fi speakers on the bottom, and best of all, it's portable and touchscreen. It can also double as a cellphone, fax modem, printer, scanner.

And only $999. Imagine the possibilities. :rolleyes: ;) :p

9. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

My dream mac is a Mac that can run firefox, itunes, adium, msn messenger, preview and photoshop all at the same time without locking up.

10. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

LOL!! That's exactly what I was thinking :eek: , exept the price, it could be $4000

11. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

It's called a Mac Pro. ;)

12. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

:confused: Funny, my MacBook can handle all that just fine, and then some. *points to sig*

[​IMG]

13. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

My dream Mac Make yummy muffins and should cost me -£200.

14. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

12"-13.3" Slate Tablet or Convertible from Apple.

Want it to have LED backlighting and 6 hours battery life. No need for CD/DVD. Just some intuitive software. 1.6 or 1.8 ULV chip is good. Max out the RAM. 100 or 120GB 7200 RPM HD. With Turbo Memory. And I would be good!

15. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

My iBook lags a TON and its things like clicking links or typing between more than one field at a time that makes it lag.

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Mac Pro? Hell, my PowerBook will do all that and then some without a problem

17. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Yeah, my G4 Mini could do that, twice ie with two users logged in at the same time both doing about that amount of things.

18. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Why Adium and MSN at the same time?

19. cube macrumors G5

I want a midrange Mac that follows the "Function over Form" principle.

20. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Adium doesn't have the button so I can view my MSN mail and see whenever I get new mail.

21. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

I want an iMac with wireless power, with the iMac G4 form factor.

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow, wow, what happen to the Cassie who thinks we should stop upgrading computers? Surely you don't need the extra ram....after all you plan to use 15-20 year old computers right?

:rolleyes:

23. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Not this crap again...
    I don't want to turn this into the POWER 6 thread, but as I stated in one of my posts in that thread, I'm referring to processors and software development only.

24. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

all right...but it seems pretty foolish...if you stop chip dev, people will want more RAM to speed up slow processors, seems kind of pointless to me, as both paths would lead us to faster computers.

25. 66217 Guest

I recommend you a lot to use Mac Mail app. It works perfectly with hotmail and is a pleasure to use.