Dream setup... personal choice...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thechidz, May 6, 2008.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

when the macbook pro hits 3.0 ghz quad core 17 inch and apple brings back the 12" form factor ultra-portable macbook I will be set for life...

just thought Id throw that out there...

for my recording/editing needs it will be perfect, dont really care about gaming etc.

sigh, will probably never see the 12" form again:(

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

now dont forget, once we get to nehalem the speeds will drop and performance will increase, so a 2.4 quad may be equal to the 3.0 quad penryn

just wondering though whats so great about the 3.0 quad, why not a present day 2.4? i have a Q6600 (2.4 quad) in my vista machine and its screaming fast

3. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

dont get me wrong, Id love to have that machine as well... Im just thinking long term and in terms of video encoding etc...

4. mikethemovie macrumors member

I think its not about the speed or something like that..

They are to much bloody programmes which are not designed for quadcore.. They only use 1 or 2.. If software builders are going to build sofware which exactly uses all 4 cores you have one hell of a machine and one hell of a fast application.. Same as games, not many games are using 4 cores at the same time.. I have a Centrino Duo 1.83Ghz and i use Premiere Pro to.. :p.. Im now getting a MBP 17" :D..

Conclusion:
    Its not about the hardware, its the software..