Dreamboard question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigjnyc, Apr 13, 2011.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Has anyone been using dreamboard? I am slightly intrigued by it. I especially like the OS7 theme which I saw in one of the demo videos. However from the looks of it the only theme available right now is that Endroid theme that comes with it. How do I go about looking for more themes and using them with dreamboard? And have they worked out the kinks?

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, I know this thread is old, but I have been wondering about Dreamboard myself lately. When it first came out, I kind of ignored it, but I'm wondering how it is for those of you using it? Is it really that great? Or is Winterboard just as good? It certainly looks nice, and sounds nice from what I hear.

And bigjnyc, if you are still looking, there are a lot of Dreamboard releases at modmyi, look in the themes/skin launches forum.

3. mrlowkey macrumors member

I am a dreamboard convert..i tried to like the aero theme but it just brings back bad memories of windows for me but other themes like gyro & boxor hd juz seemed cluttered imho ...but i find the rotating cube amusing in hmm forgot name?

The only thing that bothers me is some themes it is so frustrating to change country codes and interchange celsius to fahrenheit temps in the weather widget..

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, I think I will have to check it out. i am wondering why more people here aren't using it though? If it is that good.

5. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Hey I am currently using it and I love it. the OS 7 theme is awesome and is now working flawlessly. There's alot of little tweaks and mods you can do if you are comfortable ssh'ing into your phone... as far as customizing icons or adding icons that users have posted on modmyi.com........ I really like it so far but I still use winterboard along with it for lockscreens and themes that change the appereance of apps. Dreamboard for now only changes the look of the UI but not once you are inside an app like a full winterboard theme does... sorry if that doesnt make a lot of sense.

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

That makes perfect sense, thanks for the info.

7. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

thought I'd give it a go, but all I ever get is a blank screen. seen a few posts that this is due to loading iffy themes but I haven't even loaded any yet!!

then I saw a post that said I needed to upgrade to version 1.2, which I can't find at all...

so, despite buying it, can't actually use it

8. Psilocybin macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

the blank screen is because your not using a legit copy i believe,...

and all i find is that dreamboard eats my battery and RAM

9. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I'm definitely using a legit copy, bought through cydia from the modmyi repo..