"DreamBoard" Winterboard on Steroids

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by klamse25, Mar 19, 2011.

1. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Stumbled upon this article;
    http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/dreamboard-advanced-theming-platform-ios-devices-feels-winterboard-steroids-video#more-20212
    Looks promising! Can't wait to test it out.

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

3. genetic macrumors 6502

this looks amazing, i wonder how it is on memory and battery life :confused:

4. shanew21 macrumors regular

Installed it and tried the built in android theme. My phone froze and I had to do a hard reset.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

I tried it too buggy as hell kept crashing. Uninstalled for now!

6. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Was thinking about purchasing this but after reading the last 2 comments, I think I'll pass...

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

just fyi I tried it before it went for sale. I not sure it anything has changed.

8. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

got it before it became a pay app and uninstalled it mins later. First off I couldn't even get it to work. I swipe left to right to change themes and it didn't do nothing.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

me too crashed into safe mode about 5 times in a row so i removed it, maybe the free version was just a tease to show it off and the pay one has been fixed, seen some youtube reviews by users and it worked flawless in the video

10. Skengman macrumors member

Skengman

I can't find it on cydia. It's supposedly on the modmyi repo but I have searched, refreshed and searched again to no avail.

Cydia isn't different depending on your location is it?

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

That's the right repo I just checked $2.99 Dreamboard

12. green94 macrumors regular

Very intrigued by this, but after the comments here I'll wait and see. Tried checking out the website and there wasn't much to it.

Youtube video looks nice though.

13. klamse25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Anyone here tried the paid version?

14. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Yep, could be something nice but I kept crashing, I guess that's what I get for pushing purchase before checking it out.

15. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

Figured I'd take the plunge - but I should have known better. I bought it, but I can't even get it to install. Assuming it is a conflict with another JB app, I've been uninstalling just about everything and still get the same error upon install. /sigh.

16. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Bought it and installed it. It's cool for what it is, but very raw still. Every time I go back to iOS after using one of the themes, I'm required to respring. Not that big a deal, but looking forward to the fix when that isn't needed.

With a little more time, this is gonna be sick. I've tried this theme and it is progressing nicely: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-n...reamboard-theme-release-endroid-jessemod.html

17. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Dreamboard fixed?

Cydia just updated the app... It works much better/ no more crashes! Themes loading/ working now...

18. fjd726 macrumors regular

Anyone getting notification badges while using this? Im not getting any badge notifications.

19. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Just downloaded, opened, current theme being used wasn't shown. Then every time I hit the home button, the status bar would change colors as if it was at the home screen but it was stuck in Dream board. Had to turn off/turn on phone. Deleting it now.

20. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I've been using Dreamboard for a couple of weeks now. I alternate several times a day between my favorite Winderboard theme (Smoog) and Boxor HD. The transition is seamless and actually kinda cool.

As far as Dreamboard goes, it's been very stable and is easy to mod for the most part. I've remapped all the big widgets and added several more in place of the RSS feed and other things I wasn't using.

Now if we'd just get more themes out there to chose from ;)

21. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I tried out dreamboard and it's not big deal to me and here is why.

Yes it is an alternative to winterboard, which can be a good thing however there are only a handful of themes available and the overwhelming majority of them cost money. Usually only a couple dollars.

It uses "inav" styles themes! This means if you don't like having a specific application's icon on a specific screen at a specific location then you need to go in and reprogram the theme. In some cases the games tab may have icons displayed for games you don't have or don't even want. Now you have to reprogram the theme or just live with it. Some of these themes don't use a custom lockscreen and instead force you to have a massive weather widget taking up a third of every "page" on your phone. You may not like this.

They all seem to show facebook on the search page (swiping left). What if you don't use facebook? You are fixing the theme to put something else there.

Lots of extra page swiping as only a few icons now fit on a single page, unless you throw them all into a folder. Some themes only give you a couple folders. You may not be able to reorder their display or change their names without, you guessed it, reprogramming the theme.

If you like these style of themes and want to spend the extra time laying things out then this is for you. I can see why few were willing to pay for dreamboard and it is now a free program. I do like how you can quickly change from one theme to another though.