Dreamweaver 5 Question

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by nelsencaleb, Jun 16, 2010.

1. nelsencaleb macrumors regular

Hi, I'm wondering if I can preset the size of a text form and make it non-resizeable. Would anyone know the answer?

Thanks in advance.

2. angelneo macrumors 68000

There's an attribute "size" for input tag to determine the preset width and "cols" for textarea. I believe a "resize: none" CSS rule will stop browsers from allowing it to be resizable.

3. nelsencaleb thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, but I don't really understand, I only have basic knowledge of Dreamweaver, and I sort of know CSS a bit, enough to position images and style text and what not. Some of the CSS tags in the list I don't even know what they mean. I understand when you say resize: none, but I don't understand when you say "attribute size for input tag".

-Caleb

4. angelneo macrumors 68000

For textarea:
    Code:
    <textarea cols="13" rows="4"></textarea>

Playing around with those numbers help you adjust your size of it (which also depends on the font you set of on textarea)

5. nelsencaleb thread starter macrumors regular

Hey I messed around with what you said, and it looks great after I got it how I wanted. Now I'm going to Google what the css tag for that resize property is, because it's not in the CS5 List for properties. If you'd like to post the code for that one to that'd be great, but otherwise, thanks a lot for the help.

-caleb

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

7. nelsencaleb thread starter macrumors regular

Hey there, that looks easy, but this is how I figured it out after awhile of experimenting:

<textarea name="Terms of Use" cols="90" rows="20" disabled="disabled" readonly="readonly" class="nosize-text" id="Terms of Use" height="200" resize="none">