Dreamweaver choices

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by ihatevista, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ihatevista macrumors newbie

what is the best version of a bundled dreamweaver out there. I've seen it in the cs4 with photoshop, fireworks, flash etc. am i better off with cs4, cs3 or older. pound for pound or dollar for dollar. I would like to learn photoshop so it would be nice to have that included

Also am i better off using a win version in boot camp or is macs dweaver and photoshop far superior?

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

All the versions of Dreamweaver are the same. Are you asking for advice on which Creative Suite 4 bundle to buy?

That would really depend on your budget and what supporting software you need.

See the Adobe site for a comparison of each package :)

If your budget can't afford CS4, get CS3. Though CS4 obviously has some improvements.

Windows vs Mac - I use it on the mac side. I see no issue with it - just be sure to test your site on a variety of windows and mac browsers as your working :)

3. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I use DW8 on Mac, love it. In general, my Mac at home runs resource intensive apps like this better, faster and even the FTP to publish files seems speedier than the same software on Windows, which I use at work and for comparison. You only need Parallels or VMWare for apps that are proprietary Windows, and these days those are few.

-jim