Dreamweaver CS3 asking for CS4 disc???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DPA, Jan 30, 2009.

1. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

So I just got Dreamweaver CS3 in the mail today and tried to install it. I bought it from a retailer online because I learned on CS3 and didn't want to have to learn a half-new interface. It was also A LOT cheaper.

So the problem is, I get 1/3 way through the install and Setup ejects the disc. A message pops up saying I need to insert Dreamweaver CS4 disc. It has an option to Cancel or Ok. I hit Ok and the message just pops back up. I hit Cancel and I message pops up saying the user terminated install by request. It then list that it successfully installed the Shared something and failed to install Dreamweaver CS3 and a bunch of other apps that came with it like how Photoshop comes with Bridge, Device Central, etc. I think this is what's causing the problem because most of these extra apps are CS4, but I don't know how to not install these things. I do want them installed, I think, but they are causing this problem, I think.

Thanks in advance!!

David

2. DPA thread starter macrumors 65816

DPA

Well, I got it to work. I just had to click uninstall Dreamweaver and it's contents (something like that, with a trash can icon) on the first screen of Setup. Then, once everything was removed, I clicked install (had to reinsert the disc) and it worked. However, it went through disc 1 of 3 then 2 of 3 then 3 of 3 all, physically, on disc 1 of 1.

David