Dreamweaver CS3 Flash Video Issue

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Jeff E, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Jeff E macrumors member

I have Dreamweaver CS3 running in OS X 10.4.11 all updated.

all of a sudden when I go to insert a Flash Video into a page I get the wheel of death and DW is frozen. I formatted the video in Flashconverter and it plays fine in mpeg streamclip.
    The Insert dialog opens and I can chose the flash video and then hit detect size and the controls I want. and then I hit ok and the wheel comes up and never goes away.
    If I create a new sit it will let me add the video.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

jeff E

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

10.4.11 ? That's Tiger. Whats stopping you from upgrading to 10.5 Leopard or even Snow Leopard (support for 64bit apps on modern Macs with Intel, great) ? Got an older Mac?

Anyway, [guessing] sounds like the Flash Player on your Mac might not be working properly, based on your description. Re-install the Flash player, then if still not working let us know if you create an flv or swf as McVide's FlashConverter can do both.

-jim

3. Jeff E thread starter macrumors member

Jim,
    Thanks for the help.
    I am on Tiger because I have a recording studio and Pro Tools works with out any glitches. I know I can update, but at the moment it works :)

I will see about Flash.

I received the video file from my client as an mpeg. I reconverted it again last night form the MPEG to a Movie and then to the flv file. It worked after that. So there must have been an issue when I converted it. I will have some time this afternoon to complete it and will look into the flash player.

Thanks again

Jeff E

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

No prob on the OS X update, I was just wondering. Cheers.

When you say "Movie" what format was that? Just wondering so folks following this know in case they have the same issue.

-jim

5. Jeff E thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Jim,

I use mpeg Stream Clip to play FLV files on my mac and to convert them to different formats. ITs also free and a great resource.

I think my file had an error in it which DW could not get past.. pretty strange.

thanks again

Jeff E