Resolved Dreamweaver CS4 Not Remembering Logon Credentials

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SandboxGeneral, Dec 28, 2010.

1. SandboxGeneral, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Hello all,

I use Dreamweaver CS4 (Mac) and I have around 10 sites I manage. For some reason DW remembers the logon credentials for some sites but not others. Certain sites I will have to go into the settings for them and enter the username and password every time before I can make my SFTP connection.

I searched Google many times, Adobe's support site and tried all the remedies I could find, but none have worked so far. I've searched the MR forums too and haven't found anything related to this particular problem either.

Has anyone else had a similar issue or could assist me?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    This image is when I open DW and click on one of my sites to view it's details and where I have to enter the username and password every time, regardless of the fact that I tick the 'Save' box.

[​IMG]

This image is of a different site that retains the saved information.
    [​IMG]

2. SandboxGeneral thread starter Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Resolved

I finally figured this one out. I had to go into Keychain Access and sort by Application, then delete all the keys related to my sites in Dreamweaver. It turns out the ones which weren't saving the login data had duplicate keys with similiar names.

Deleting them, quitting Keychain Access and loading DW and re-entering the credentials worked. Now there are new keys and after quitting and re-loading DW the credentials are all there.

Finally! After years of frustration I figured this one out. Adobe's support site and Google searches were useless for once. :mad:

But now I am :).