Dreamweaver CS4 screen crashes. PITA!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by PinkyMacGodess, Feb 16, 2010.

1. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I'm having Dreamweaver 10.0 Build 4117 screen crash on my iMac under Leopard 10.5.8.

I'll be working along and the screen will get unstable to say the least. The only thing that is usually visible is the Dock and a very thin line above it. I have two monitors and it effects both monitors as shown. I've checked the Adobe KB and searched here and nothing was found. It seems that CS4 is perhaps overdue for an update but with all of the dinosaur's pissing about the virtue of their products (Flash Vs. Jobs) I wonder if there will be an update.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on what to do?

When it happens, I can usually figure out by sheer luck to get Dreamweaver shutdown and the problem goes away but as soon as I start DW up again the problem comes back. After a reboot it works fine. DW also will work fine for quite a while and then start doing this...

Thanks all!

Main screen
    [​IMG]

Monitor
    [​IMG]

Main screen
    [​IMG]

Monitor
    [​IMG]

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

3. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Nope. Not running anything like Subversion. Just straight CS4 or Leopard (well, with a lot of other programs obviously).

It works fine, usually. Starts fine. Working along in it fine, then *freakout* and the screen starts leaving 'artifacts' around. Usually it starts out looking like a 'smudging' in that parts of the screen 'smear' across the rest of the screen (Didn't get a picture of the start of this weirdness). Then, usually, it gets much worse with the whole screen doing, well, just like I pictured and those I had to grab with my iPhone.

Sometimes, when it's bad, it will do it after a reboot but usually not. Once upon a time, on a non-Intel iMac I had issues with CS3 but I narrowed it down to happen every time after I ran QuickBooks. (The earlier QuickBooks, being a POS, was uninstalled and I moved my data back to the PC version. (Oh, and that was interesting. ALL of the item entries were truncated AND some of the transactions 'disappeared'.)) Intuit sent me a notice a while ago that they had 'completely rewritten QuickBooks for the Mac. (Yeah, it really needed it. I won't go back JIC. OBTS)

But so far, I haven't been able to discover the 'gotcha' program, if there is one. My iMac is more stable than the non-Intel one that it stays up for weeks at a time now.

ANYWAY: I hate these freaking intermittent problems. It took me months to get the QuickBooks/DW CS3 connection by accident.

Oh yeah, when I close down DW, everything is 'back to normal' but once DW freaks out, it stays freaked out and will thrash the screen every time it's restarted until the mac is rebooted...

Seeing this crash made my heart sink. 'Oh Ford no, not again!!!' I'll have to find the keyboard shortcut for 'save' I guess...