Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Hi there. I am looking at my page in design view in DW CS5, and I see dashed lines indictation the layout of the <div> elements. These lines are in black, but I would prefer something brighter, as it is a dark page - can this colour be changed?

Thanks! :)

dkotter

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
I'm assuming you mean the default lines Dreamweaver uses, and not lines that show up in the browser. As far as I know, you can't change them from being black initially. You can change the color of it when it is hovered over. The default color is red, I believe, when you hover over an element, like a DIV, in design view. That can be changed by going to Preferences>Highlighting

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
post the code so we can see it to help make the change.

You've lost me totally... :confused:

I'm assuming you mean the default lines Dreamweaver uses, and not lines that show up in the browser. As far as I know, you can't change them from being black initially. You can change the color of it when it is hovered over. The default color is red, I believe, when you hover over an element, like a DIV, in design view. That can be changed by going to Preferences>Highlighting

You've solved my issue, thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.