Dreamweaver CS6 Not supported on this mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slinxy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. slinxy macrumors newbie

Hi
    I got a fleash install of 10.6 and Adobe CS6 master collection. All was fine when I installed it, but once its been updated when you try to launch dreamweaver cs6 it comes up with "Not supported on this mac".

I have tired it on 3 machines, as I'm building master images at the moment and all 3 did the same, and I can remember it doing the same on CS5.5 as well.

I can only suspect the dreamweaver update thats causing the issue, making the os not combatible but does anyone know how to fix it, without upgrading the os or hacking the file to that tells the system what os verison it is? as we have ofter software that's dependant on SL.

Thanks in advance.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

why not upgrade to at least 10.7.4 Lion if not 10.8 Mountain Lion? If the machine is too old for those releases....you may be seeing more and more newer apps not liking older OS versions.

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That suite runs on 10.6.8. Further requirements are detailed here. Adobe may have an uninstall script to clean prior versions from the computer, but overall installation problems aren't that uncommon with Adobe software. I know this from having tried some of the betas where they left behind things.

Is this one of the 32 bit efi macs? If that's the case it would be unsupported. Adobe basically axed CS6 support for the same things Apple chopped with ML. Mind mentioning your hardware and if you have 10.6.8 (or later if applicable) installed?

4. slinxy thread starter macrumors newbie

we are running 10.6.8 on the machines at the moment, we have so many other software such as final cut, logic, AD management and Print Management, just to name a few that requires 10.6.

Its an Intel i5, like said it works perfectly fine before the update, and stops loading post update.

HW specs are as

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac12,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
    SMC Version (system): 1.72f2
    Serial Number (system): xxxx
    Hardware UUID: xxxx

But I have tried it on different types of macs too like my on mbp which is an i7 and an older intel core 2 duo.

5. slinxy thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I've sorted it, if you run the program first the run the update, it works. :confused:

This is the same for Encore too.