Dreamweaver Image Uploading

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by prestonkd, Jun 7, 2008.

1. prestonkd macrumors member

prestonkd

I am new to web design and Dreamweaver so be kind please. I have done a small amount of websites in FrontPage but wanted to move to a better program when I switched to Mac - so here I am. I was having a problem getting my images to show up. I finally figured out that they have to be in the "images" folder. I cannot find a way to have them automatically saved to this folder. I am having to go on the remote server and move them individually. I doubt that this is the workflow intended by Dreamweaver programmers. Can someone tell me how I can have Dreamweaver save my images to the correct folder so that I do not have to move them individually? Thanks for any help.

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

When you go to place an image into your page and it is outside the root folder you have already setup. IE Did you define your site and did you setup the local root folder for your images? If you did, you should get a prompt that says:

"This file is outside of the root folder of site XXXXXXX and may not be accessible when you publish the site. Your root folder is: XXXXXX

Would you like to copy the file there now?

Cancel no yes

You need to define your site first:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/first_website_pt1.html

Let us know if this didn't work for you.

3. prestonkd thread starter macrumors member

prestonkd

That looks like it may end up helping. I was not seeing the "advanced" tab that gives you the default image folder option. I am still messing with that. It keeps telling that my images folder is outside the site. I don't know if that is local, remote or what. I am still working with it. Thanks for your help.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Make sure to define your site. Like you said there is an advanced tab that will let you define the default image folder also.

Good luck.