Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prechrchet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
Does anyone know if there is a maximum amount of material you can put on an html page in Dreamweaver?

I've got a page that has a ton of text, along with 22 pictures (each between 60-65 kb each). While the whole thing shows up just fine in Safari, we can't see the bottom portion in Dreamweaver.

We are wondering if we have hit the limit of how much material Dreamweaver can handle. Any idea if this is the case, and whether or not we can do anything about it?

In case you are interested, here is a the address:

http://www.adoptionvoyages.com/lilyrose/august.html

(We were able to add the text via the "edit code" view, which was a little disconcerting, considering we were not able to see the results until after we uploaded that page, then pulled up Sarari.)

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Hey.

Not sure about the dreamweaver limit, but I think you might have hit the 'human' limit.

I think you may want to think about busting up your page into smaller, more manageable chunks. Perhaps break your page into 'chapters', and then have 'next' and 'back' buttons or something. That is a pretty long page for people to scroll through.

Personally I find it easier to work in Code View with Dreamweaver, and then just preview work in Safari. Wysiwyg editors are never as good as diving right in.

Anywho, hope this helps. All the best with your site.

prechrchet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
VanMac said:
Hey.

Not sure about the dreamweaver limit, but I think you might have hit the 'human' limit.

I agree. However, this page is for a client, and this is the way they want it.

One discovery I just made is that if I reduce the font size, Dreamweaver can show the whole thing.

kzlambert

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
UK
If you are experienced with HTML and can write it from scratch, i would go with Taco HTML Edit ... It enables you to preview your page live as you type the code. I find it much better than having to hit the preview button every few minutes.

Obviously I am not saying it is better than Dreamweaver because Dreamweaver is a powerful app, but it is more practical for the projects I have..

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
alec said:
This has forced me to use GoLive and *gasp* FrontPage.

How can you use both of those programs simultaneously! They're like, complete opposites in term of making useable web pages, with Front Page(s) looking completely disgusting in everything but Internet Explorer for Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.