Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by john callahan, May 21, 2009.

1. john callahan macrumors newbie

Hello,

I had a web designer create two websites with my mobile me account using iweb. The designer no longer works for the company and my questions are :

I assume our windows xp pc's will not work to continue with IWEB ?

I have full access to my account and contents can I convert my existing 2 websites using dreamweaver or similar software to our windows xp computer?

Currently I have all contents for 1 of the 2 sites loaded in dreamweaver but can't open mt index.html and my welcome .html page does not give me access to my hyper-links its not there but when I preview in my browser its all there and works.
    What are my options??

Thanks
    John Callahan

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

iWeb is just the GUI for the code. Using dreamweaver will give you full access to the source. There you can change anything you want. I don't know if you can connect to the iWeb servers through Dreamweaver though. If you can't just put the sites on a different server.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Unfortunately, the code produced by iWeb is not well suited for moving to another application. The layouts are absolutely positioned and uses some funky techniques. It will take nearly the same amount of time to work with its code as it would be to start from scratch and just try to reproduce it.

As for some more direct input, the index.html file that iWeb creates simply redirects to another home page. That's why nothing is showing up. There's no content.

4. john callahan thread starter macrumors newbie

Dreamweaver

Thanks for the info,

Do you have any idea where I can see my hyper-link buttons to edit. Everything else appears to be there?

Thanks

John

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I think they get added as a widget, which is in JavaScript form, so you may want o check those files. I can't give you a specific folder to look in since it can be different for each.