Dressing up the Silver Sport

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MarcW, May 27, 2015.

1. MarcW macrumors member

MarcW

As nice as the Apple bands might be, I am accustomed to leather for most of my watches (which I haven't worn since April 24), but the leather options by Apple are very limited. The Modern Buckle is out because I have a 42mm watch, the Classic Buckle is nice but I'm not into black straps too much, and the Leather Loop is like wearing a caterpillar around your wrist (but I did pick up a blue one). So,....

I disassembled the lugs on the Classic Black band and attached a nice brown shell cordovan strap from my collection. It's very comfy and I think it looks pretty nice. It also doesn't really scream out, "Hey, I'm an Apple Watch!"

As for the contrast between the aluminum watch head and the polished lugs, I'm accustomed to traditional watches with mixed brushed and polished surfaces, so it's not really an issue for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cruzmisl macrumors regular

3. mzsigler macrumors regular

4. AS90 macrumors regular

AS90

Thanks for this, I was wondering how the Sport would look with a nice brown leather strap. Looks great!

5. NTFM macrumors newbie

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The leather looks great, like a soft pair of leather shoes.

A great choice for the AW.

7. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

Curious did you re-use the screws to erasable the lugs?

You know what would really enhance the two-toned look? If you could replace the digital crown and side button with the stainless versions.

8. its Dale macrumors 6502

Looks good! this is the exact band im looking for!!

9. MarcW thread starter macrumors member

MarcW

Thanks for all the kind replies.

I did re-use the screws and with no Loctite or anything else for now. We'll see how that goes -- I know there have been reports of screws getting loose.

I'm waiting on a set of Click adapters with spring bars, clearly the best solution for strap addicts.

Yep.