Drew Peterson Case

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PlaceofDis, Nov 29, 2007.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

has anyone else heard about this case or been following it? its all over the news here in chicago so i get to hear about it whether i want to or not, but its just so bizzare at times i just don't know what to make of it.

Chicago Tribune Coverage.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Is there really a barrel involved ? or is that just heresy ?

3. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

there is the possibility of one being involved, yes.

i'll give a brief summary of the case as i've heard it:

Police officer's fourth wife goes missing. She cannot be found, he claims that she left him for another man and just wants her to come home. His third wife died by 'accidental' drowning. Which has been put up to the question, her body exhumed and being autopsied and investigated. Second wife says she was threatened.

along with that. his brother i believe says that shortly before (or just after, can't remember) she was reported missing drew asked him to help him move a barrel, which he suspects might have been, well the wife.

things just get odder and odder in this case.

4. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I work in Bolingbrook, live in the town over.

Wanna know something weird? He came to my store on black friday to buy some speakers and installation. Then he went over to the Verizon kiosk and bought a new phone and number.

The dude is seriously creepy. Not because of all the allegations, but because he is just a creepy dude.

There was speculation of a blue barrel in the beginning. Nobody knows for sure. His past marriages don't make him look like the poster child of innocence though.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Wonder if he's related to the Peterson from California that dumped his wife in the San Francisco bay.

6. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Interesting how Peterson's lawyer is saying that the relative that supposedly help move this container, has been in and out of mental institutions and is an alcoholic. Perhaps thats exactly the reason Peterson could have chosen him specifically, if what the relative claims is true. Now just attack his credibility.

All speculation, of course

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

The autopsy of the third wife showed that she actually was murdered, but they haven't charged him with anything yet.

8. Pani macrumors member

Pani

I don't want to try anyone from media info. However, I raise awareness of domestic violence in my classes, having experienced it once myself. (By a rabid Mac fan I might add!) He has all the hallmarks of a classic batterer if the papers have it correct. Batters beat down their victims long before physical abuse happens. For instance, the brother of the 3rd wife (the one found dead in the tub) said Peterson and sons would play a game where they would tie her up and roll her down the stairs. She made light of it, but the brother was horrified. Classic mind game of humiliation. (That is one of the reasons I fight so hard against fat stigma. A man can do something like this and everyone sees what a creep he is. But when he tells her she is fat and lucky to have him, it carries the weight of society behind it. So it way to socially legitimate undermining a woman's self esteem!!!) Batters often have duel personalities. Wife #2 said when it was good it was great. But when it was bad it was really bad!!!!! Batterers are contol freaks! Reports say he called Stacy serveral times when she was getting her hair done, and would spy on her in the squad car to see what time she came out of the mall.

I can't believe he has not been arrested yet!!!!! Which brings up another issue. These surburban Chicago police departments are corrupt as **ll!!! I had a friend's family go through a nightmare because of a corrupt PD. I started researching it and so many of them have been involved in scandals! I am now just as afraid of the police as I am of the criminals!

9. kristen contrav macrumors newbie

bastard should rott in jail

I have been following this case and this scumb bag cop needs to be killed in jail.

10. carlgo macrumors 68000

My kids went to Europe, mostly spent time in Italy. They said every fat person they saw, mostly women, was an American. People made jokes about this. They felt embarrassed.

Fat is a choice for 90%. It is not big bones, rarely strange diseases or anything beyond their control. The cure is easy: get off their asses and stop eating like pigs. Then, they will have self esteem and stay away from creepy controlling pig-men because they might actually have a choice to be with a normal, nice person.

You might want to encourage (break down that word, it is a good one) your clients to become warriors rather than self-loathing hogs whose whole lives are one big weepy struggle with everything. They need some tough love and actual direction and purpose in life. Only then will they be able to break away from their tormentors.

And, finally, no, all the bad men are not going to be arrested. This will never happen ever, anywhere. Even murderers walk around free until bodies are found and there is enough evidence for an actual conviction.

PS. In the real world the criminals are worse than the police. And the !!!! just make it seem that you are sooo excited and must share your beliefs with all of us who just don't know....