Dried off iPhone 4, no wifi?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Philberttheduck, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

Well, iPhone 4 got dropped into the toilet and I dried it immediately. Turned it off and did the rice bowl drying process. It's been 3 days and I turned it back on and everything works, except the Wi-Fi. It says "No Wi-Fi" under settings (no longer a clickable option). You think I should give it another day and try maybe reformatting my phone? I don't want to pay the 2 bills until it's FOR SURE my last option.

:(

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I'm just going to throw this out there. Maybe it's because you dropped your iP4 in the toilet?

3. Philberttheduck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

LOL thanks..

I meant, what's the likelihood that the Wi-Fi will "reappear" if i let it dry for a couple of more days and then do a clean reformat of iOS 4.0.1 for the Wi-Fi to show back up?

4. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Your best bet? Leave it in the rice for another 2-3 days. Then try a restore with no backup/etc, see if that fixes.

If not, sell on Kijiji. :D

5. Xtiiana macrumors newbie

same thing happened to my phone. people have told me that i cant fix it anymore coz the mother board got affected. it sucks coz i just got my phone 2 months ago. :(