Drink More Water went live on the App Store today

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dock Status, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Dock Status macrumors regular

This went live today. The simplest thing you can do for your health is to Drink More Water. The developer is hesitant to beef this one up, I asked for an alarm system encouraging me to consume water at a specific time of the day.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drink-more-water/id418695850?mt=12

The guy agreed to add the alarms but was very firm that the company wants a person to be able to keep track of their daily water consumption in seconds (not minutes)
    No clutter no bells or whistles.

If we all drank more water, our health system wouldn't be in the mess it is today.

2. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Just 2 quick points:

Do you know if this is gonna be made into an iOS application as that would seem to be the more natural home of an app such as this.

While there's largely nothing wrong with drinking water and this app does seem to do what it says, there are several scientific studies pointing out that the "8 glasses of water a day" is only a rough estimate of what is required and most healthy individuals don't really need this as they acquire water from other drinks and food. Although of course water is probably easier on your teeth than most other sugary/carbonated drinks.

Ok, enough with the science, just pointing out that the app is fine, but the principles its based on and that you seem to be promoting in your post aren't completely infallible.

3. Dock Status, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

Dock Status thread starter macrumors regular

Don't under estimate the power of water.

01jamcon water is the purist form of nourishment you can provide your body.
    My doctor keeps informing me "If you drink water your body uses next to no energy to make good use of this natural product." No filtering required.

That is the entire secret to water. Drink and use for bodily functions.

How do you beat that.

These guys are promoting Absorb Water as their IOS solution to Drink More Water. Pretty complex stuff and going in the direction you are hinting about.
    Counting different sources of food for liquid up take. Pretty interesting group of developers.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/absorb-water/id351081717?mt=8

4. ozred macrumors 6502

Drink 4 to 6 liters per day. No app needed.
    It won't crash, and neither will you :)
    Easy to remember as well :)

5. Dock Status thread starter macrumors regular

Discipline Wow

ozred if you are that disciplined to drink (plain old) water in those quantities than I am amazed. WOW