"Drive Along Unboxing"- another driving distraction?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JML42691, May 20, 2009.

1. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I've been subscribed to a YouTuber for a few months now, and after logging on to my subscriptions page today, I noticed a video that he had uploaded "Drive Along Unboxing" (link), where he unboxes several things while driving, appearing to be reaching speeds of about 30-40 mph sometimes, while driving through what appears to be a residential neighborhood.

Maybe it is just me, but this seems highly immature and irresponsible, he is clearly not giving his attention to the road, and at times spending a solid 15 seconds reading fine-print and looking at boxes, while not giving any attention to the road. While driving by houses that could have had children around. To me this seems highly distracting an irresponsible. And at the intro to this video, he describes how it is fine for him to do this because he is an adult!

Around here in Boston there has been a lot of talk recently regarding distractions while driving (in particular texting), after a MBTA trolley crash about 2 weeks ago, which resulted in a cell phone ban for all MBTA drivers.

Your thoughts?

2. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

I agree, he can't consider himself an adult for simply saying he can do that because he's "older"

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Sure he isn't in the UK or has a UK car? (or he could have easily flipped the video).

My guess is that he's a passenger and the driver has a camera in his lap.

5. JML42691 thread starter macrumors 68020

JML42691

No, he's from the US, Pennsylvania to be more specific, he's said so in past videos and is a heavy Philly sports fan (not that actually confirms where he lives). My guess is that he is from the Philidelphia, PA area. He seems like a generally nice guy from other videos, but has recently been trying to find new ways to make his unboxings "original" (unboxing an iPhone case on an airplane, etc); he also has a habit of essentially copying another YouTuber itsmemorphius on nearly everything he does (which shows a huge lack of originality).