Drive Genius start from Startup disk?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Deadeye*, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Deadeye* macrumors newbie

Deadeye*

Hello i recently buyed Drive Genius 2 but i missplaced Boot DVD :( is there a way to start Drive Genius from another startup disk? i whan to make defragment of my hardware but i need to start the problem from diferent disk. Yes and you all wandering why i whan to defrag my HDD, becose this is the solution for boot camp to create a partition. Im tring now to create a partition using boot camp but i cant it pops erors, but read some where that when defraging a partition it solves the problem

2. BeyondMountains macrumors 6502

did this ever get solved?

3. Bobbi Flekman macrumors regular

You can download/buy a new boot DVD at their site.

4. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

there must be a way to create a bootable disc. if a software is bought and downloaded from their site, there must be a way to create a hard copy of the software.

5. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, if you don't have the original boot disc ISO to create another CD from, then you only have two options that I'm aware of:

1. Purchase the boot disc from the site -- I think it's like $10 or something. 600MB download and you can burn a couple new discs from it.

2. Use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to take your existing OS X install (with Drive Genius installed) and clone it to an external firewire drive. From there you can boot from that external target drive and use Drive Genius on one or more of the internal drives. This assumes your machine has firewire of course.

When it's all said and done, it's just easier to buy the image off the site and make a couple backups of it.

Good luck -

Wayne