drive genius

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tiggle, Jan 23, 2009.

1. tiggle macrumors member

As part of the last promotion, i paid and dowloaded drive genius
    i have tried to defragment..but constant messages of 'btree" problem.
    Anybody else have the same issues? how to solve?

2. DLH macrumors member

You really want to fix those btree problems.

I would start with running the Repair Disk feature in the First Aid section of Disk Utility (Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility).

If that doesn't fix the issue, I would boot into single user mode and run fsck. To get to single user mode, reboot the computer and press cmd-s while it starts. When you get to the text boot screen, type "/sbin/fsck -fy". Do this until it runs without finding any errors.

Finally, if defrag still is giving you btree errors, run the Repair feature in Drive Genius.

3. tiggle thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. I reinstalled the OS. I then used disk utilitiy to repair. It told me all was ok. I did the fsck thing and that told it was ok. But i still get the same btree message from drive genius and it will not even repair the disk, it just gives me the same btree warning.

If I completely wipe the drive and reinstall the os, will that solve the btree problem?

4. DLH macrumors member

It might solve the problem. However, since Drive Genius is giving you the error and also can't repair it, I would contact Prosoft Engineering for support.

If you have everything backed-up and the time to spend wiping and reinstalling then go ahead and give it a shot.

Let us know how it turns out.